Art Journal Cover

Journal Cover

I painted the cover with a mix of acrylic paints. I used a couple shades of blue and white. I squirted the paints directly onto the cover and mixed and then spread them out. Then I waited for it to dry. I sprayed Tattered Angels Tiger Lily Glimmer Mist onto the cover. I used a heat gun to speed drying. I was hoping for bright orange splotches, but the splotches came out dull and stained looking. I used a large, Prima foam stamp and Folk Art metallic copper paint to stamp the tree. When it was dry, I used a fine point black pen to outline parts of the tree to add emphasis. I stamped the title on newspaper. I used black Staz On ink. I filled in the outline stamp with a silver Sharpie. I stamped August onto the cover and hand wrote the year. I attached the newsprint and coated the entire cover with glossy Mod Podge. If I knew then that Mod Podge stays a bit sticky forever, I would not have used Mod Podge, but this realization came later in my journey.


Leave a comment

Filed under Art Journaling

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s